The oldest continuing health science of the world, Ayurveda defines a person healthy when the body, mind, and spirit are connected, and the body doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) are balanced. But, the unruly lifestyle leads to physical, mental, and emotional health deterioration due to the accumulation of ama.
The science of Ayurveda bestows the human race with the ultimate detoxifying and rejuvenating therapy of Panchakarma. It is derived from the Sanskrit word “Pancha” meaning five, and “Karma” meaning actions. Panchakarma therapy is for cleaning and strengthening the body so that it exists in perfect swastha (health and harmony).
The Panchakarma treatment consists of five purging therapies of Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya, and Raktamokshana that are highly individualized aimed towards an internal restoration of balance, vitality, and well-being.
● Vamana: Medically known as emesis. It is an Ayurvedic treatment for balancing the aggravated Kapha Dosha. For carrying out Vamana, the heat is applied to the patient’s chest and back in order to liquefy the Kapha. After, a medicated drink is given to stimulate the emesis and toxins are removed through the upper gastrointestinal tract by induced vomiting.
● Virechana: It is a medicated purification therapy for purifying the body from excess Pitta accumulation. In this therapy, the toxins of liver and gallbladder are removed through oral intake of medicines followed by fermentation.
● Basti: Basti is a highly revered Panchakarma treatment for correcting the Vata Dosha. Basti is the procedure of herbal cleansing and nourishment of the intestines and colon for the holistic panchakarma benefits.
● Nasya: Another Panchakarma therapy for detoxification of the body and treating of sinusitis. In Nasya treatment, the diseases and toxins are healed through the nasal cavity.
● Raktamokshana: It is the process of cleaning the blood by letting the Jauaka (leech) suck impure blood from the body.
The Ayurveda Panchakarma treatment is a holistic approach towards making the body free from deeply embedded impurities thus enhancing the body’s innate power to heal and revive. With the systematic Panchakarma implementation, you can reap the following Panchakarma treatment benefits:
1. Eliminates Toxins and Strengthens the Body: The Panchakarma is a detoxifying Ayurvedic therapy consisting of five treatments that effectively remove impurities from the tissues of the body. When the tissues are clean, their functioning magnifies many folds.
2. Restores Digestive Fire (Agni): The consumption of alcohol, less nutritious food that we put into the stomach gradually leads to accumulation of ama (toxins) in the digestive tract that further creates an imbalance in the body. The Panchakarma treatment of Basti is effective in cleaning the colon and balancing the vitiated doshas, especially the Vata. When the digestive tract is cleaned, the Agni is strengthened helping in efficient elimination of waste and creation of Ojas.
3. Relaxes the Body and Brain: Along with the five therapies, the Panchakarma includes Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Marma therapy and more. These Ayurvedic treatments are performed with medicated oils and essential herbs that are applied on body and forehead for alleviating stress and promoting relaxation.
4. Boosts Immunity Levels: The science of Ayurveda states that if the body is the home of toxins and unwanted matter, it becomes a breeding ground for the infections that weaken the immunity levels and making you your body fall for several diseases. By undergoing the Panchakarma treatments, you can effectively clean and strengthen your body thereby enhancing immunity levels to fight the bacteria and viruses. In this manner, the Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment benefits the immunity levels in a significant manner.
5. Purifies the Blood and Opens the Blocked Channels: The fifth purging therapy of the Panchakarma program, the Raktamokshana purifies the blood, and other Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapies unlock the blocked channels and centers ensuring healthy and fresh blood supply within the body. When the organs, tissues, joints, muscles are fed with nutrients, wellness and glowing skin are assured.
6. Improves Strength and Vitality: By cleaning the body, removing the stress, and harmonizing the doshas, the Panchakarma treatments facilitate in strength and vitality of the body-mind. So, when the body is strong and healthy, you live in a pleasant state.
Undergo Panchakarma treatments at a certified Ayurveda institute for granting the body, mind, soul the miraculous panchakarma benefits. Lead towards innocuous life.