Ayurveda medicine originated in India during the Vedic period. It’s the world’s oldest medicinal system promoting the use of herbal compounds, special diet and other health practices for establishing a harmonious link between the body-mind.
The herbal compounds, metals, minerals are the primary elements used in the preparation of Ayurveda medicines. Each ingredient of the medicine is natural, safe and addresses the root cause of a particular disease thus ensuring complete restoration and healing.
From treating mild health issues, like cold and congestion to curing chronic diseases, such as depression, Alzheimer, herpes, Ayurveda medicines are holistic and effective.
Ayurvedic Medicine Herbs:
● Ashwagandha: Due to its cooling properties, Ashwagandha is used to prepare medicines for stress, anxiety and adrenal dysfunction.
● Arjuna: Arjuna comes from Terminalia tree. Traditionally, it is used to balance three doshas, asthma, bile duct disorders, poisoning, and scorpion stings.
● Curcumin: It is an extract of turmeric and finds a place among natural remedies. The curcumin works as a cleaning and healing herb.
● Triphala: This classic Ayurvedic herb contains the power of three herbs well-known for treating problems related to the gut. Triphala tablets act as Ayurvedic medicines.
● Amla: It is both an edible fruit and Ayurveda herb known for rejuvenation. All parts of the plant including the fruit, seed, leaves, root, bark, and flowers are used in the preparation of Ayurvedic medicines.
● Boswellia: This herb is available as resin, pill, or cream. It can be combined with other herbs to prepare elixirs and medicines.
● Holy Basil: This herb is often found in combination with herbal formulas to treat seasonal allergies and illness.
● Neem: It is used in medicines prepared for infections, ringworm, pain, and so much more. Neem concoction is also a type of Ayurvedic medicine.
Top 7 Health Benefits of Ayurvedic Medicine:
1. Detoxification of the body-mind: Both the body and mind often becomes a dumping ground of toxic matter and negativities. Too much ama meddles with the optimal working of the body organs and brain. Ayurveda suggests specific medicines for cleaning specific body areas. The Ayurveda medicines aid in detoxification through vomiting, sweating, motion, etc. With purified body-mind, you can enjoy health, wellness and energy to wholesome levels.
2. Reduction in physical and mental stress: Excess physical and mental stress can tarnish your working system internally. You can reduce stress through Ayurvedic medicines containing herbal ingredients like ashwagandha, basil, licorice, etc. that soothe the pain. Unlike, antidepressants, anti-stress tablets, the Ayurvedic medicine is natural and safe to consume.
3. Minimizes inflammation: Insufficient sleep too can be a cause of inflammation. Arthritis, muscular pain, joint stiffness, headaches and many other health issues are closely related with inflammation. Medicines containing herbs like curcumin, boswellia, black pepper, ginger, and cinnamon have anti-inflammatory properties thus providing long-term relief. With timely and proper dosage, you can reap the health benefits of Ayurvedic medicine for inflammation.
4. Treating diabetes: There are three types of diabetes: Type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes. All of the three impairs the body’s ability to process blood glucose thereby increasing the risk of stroke and heart diseases. In Ayurveda, diabetes is Madhumeh which is treated with the help of medicines, treatments, diet, and lifestyle. Neem, amalaki, guggul, arjun, shilajit are some of the herbs that are used in preparing Ayurvedic medicines for diabetes.
5. Regulates blood pressure: Hypertension affects millions. It is a health condition that can give rise to heart attack, stroke, coronary heart disease, kidney failure to name a few. The common signs and symptoms of high blood pressure include headache, nausea, vomiting. In Ayurveda, first the underlying cause of the soaring blood pressure is determined and then medicines are prescribed along with yoga and diet.
6. Cures insomnia: Drinking caffeine before bed, gazing at cellphone, watching late night television shows can upset your rest and sensory system. Ayurveda medicines provide relaxation and positive insistence that cures insomnia or any other sleeping disorder. Peaceful sleep health benefits of Ayurvedic medicine is guaranteed only if you follow the instructions of an Ayurvedic doctor.
7. Healthy weight management: Ayurveda helps in healthy weight management through medicines containing herbal compounds. These medicines detoxify the body inside-out thus helping you get in shape easily and effectively. The medicines also affect the digestive system in a healthy manner, which is responsible for your weight gain issues.
The health benefits of Ayurvedic medicines are numerous. Consult an Ayurvedic practitioner or doctor for learning and reaping the rewards.