We hate it when our hair becomes a bundle of thin and damaged strands. Pollution, styling products, chemical-based hair dyes, harsh shampoos, poor nutrition, and improper functioning of the body cells are some of the key factors that affect the health of a woman’s scalp. Falling chunks of hair can be a warning signal of arising medical conditions and unfavorable circumstances responsible for hair loss and brittleness.
Some of the major underlying factors that contribute to an unhealthy scalp are as follows:
- An Improper functioning of Thyroid Gland: The thyroid gland is responsible for numerous health issues and hair loss is one of them. A hormonal imbalance of thyroid gland leads to hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism that result in a thinning hairline.
- Head Infections: A variety of fungal and bacterial infections can cause folliculitis– an inflammation of hair follicles that lead to hair fall. A hot tub folliculitis is an infection caused by the bacteria found in poor chlorinated water.
- Low Iron deficiencies: Do not be surprised if you get to know that the reason behind a rapid hair loss is iron deficiency. Iron is crucial for the health and growth of hair follicles. Iron deficiency also creates numerous health problems.
- High- Stress levels: Stress endangers many health problems and chronic diseases including hair loss. Telogen Effluvium, Trichotillomania, and Alopecia Areata are three kinds of hair loss associated with insurmountable stress.
Poor hair growth, premature graying of the hair, irritated scalp are some of the problems faced by people. It is time to go natural. It is time to revisit the roots– Ayurveda. Ayurveda is a science of healing and restoration. Ayurveda incorporates the secrets of hair growth in the form of herbs and therapies without the risk of side-effects.
For our beloved readers, here are some of the Ayurveda herbs that are gradually used in Ayurveda treatment for hair loss.
- Bhringraj: A medicinal herb from the moist areas of the world– Bhringraj is used to cure various hair and skin woes. The herb soothes the scalp, nourishes the hair follicles, and helps revive the volume of hair. One of the best natural remedies for hair growth, Bhringraj can be prepared at home using traditional ingredients and methods.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is a treasured spice rich in folic acid, Vitamin A, B, K, and C. The herb is a storehouse of protein, minerals, and is beneficial against hair fall, dandruff, thinning of hair, baldness, and dryness of hair. Including fenugreek seeds in a diet is best for hair growth.
- Amla: There is a reason why our grandmothers swear by Amla for all beauty needs. Indian gooseberry is an essential part of hair care routine since time immemorial. Massaging the scalp with Amla oil boosts blood circulation, removes dirt from follicles, and restores the pH level of the scalp.
- Triphala: An effective Ayurveda treatment for hair loss is found in Triphala herb. The compounds of Triphala powder repairs damaged hair and increases hair volume. The Triphala herb is effective in keeping bacterial and fungal infections at bay.
- Brahmi: The wonder herb of Ayurveda– Brahmi is a charm for the hair. This cooling herb lowers stress level and calms the mind. The herb is also used in treating dry scalp, itchiness, and formation of split ends.
- Jatamansi: An aromatic herb, Spikenard or Jatamansi is used in treating skin and hair problems since the times of Charaka and Sushruta. The herb balances Pitta and Kapha dosha and brings back the lost luster of hair.
Try these Ayurveda herbs for hair loss for 6-8 weeks to restore the health and quality of hair along with promoting its growth.