Sinus surely gives an unpleasant experience and can be triggered with even a small dust particle. The problem can be easily controlled with Ayurveda. So explore the blog and know the effective Ayurvedic herbs for sinus infection treatment.
When the feeling of gloominess gets stuck and you experience a stuffy or running nose, mild-severe headache, facial pain, etc., this might indicate a swelling in the sinuses. A swollen sinus implies that a person is suffering from Sinusitis. The sinuses are the air-filled cavities in the nose, but when these get blocked with mucus, these become inflamed. Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition and an unpleasant experience that can lead to a number of other complications.
The problem gets worse when it gets triggered due to various reasons including food allergy, pollen, dust allergy, weather change, allergic products, stress, common cold, etc. The problem lasts long for about a week or two, and in case of chronic sinus, it takes up to 12 weeks or even longer to settle.
To treat and control the issue, one can take the help of the ancient healing system of Ayurveda. Developed thousands of years ago on the pious land of India, Ayurveda is renowned for its curative and preventive methods of medication.
Ayurveda and Sinus
According to the Ayurveda, the problem of the sinus is caused due to an imbalance in the Prana Vata and Sheshaka Kapha. Prana Vata is the Vata subdosha that governs the head, brain, and mind region and Sheshaka Kapha is the Kapha subdosha that governs moisture and lubricant balance. With an imbalance in both, occurs the complication. With the Vata-Kapha pacifying diet one can easily treat the problem, keeping themselves hydrated, eating spices, Jala Neti, and Nasya therapies, and also cure the issue. But for an instant relief, one can simply rely on the selected Ayurvedic remedies for sinus infection.
Mentioning down the powerful and effective Ayurvedic herbs for sinus infection.
Licorice is a commonly used and found spice in every Indian household and other Southeast Asian countries. Consume licorice root as it soothes throat irritation, relieves coughing, and boosts immunity. However, it should be avoided by people with diabetes.
• Use Licorice essential oil for steam or drink licorice tea.
• Chew an inch of licorice root to soothe the throat and prevent coughing.
Holy basil or Tulsi is renowned for its medicinal benefits, especially the infectious ones. Consisting of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties it also helps in reducing stress and managing diabetes.
• Inhale Tulsi stem decoction or eat some leaves of it.
• Drink Tulsi tea 2-3 times a day daily for relief.
Chamomile is renowned for curing infectious diseases, resolve inflammation, and boost immunity.
• Drink Chamomile tea 2-3 times a day, daily.
• Add a handful of chamomile flowers in boiling water and inhale. You can also use teabags.
Both the spice herbs are known for their medicinal properties where ginger tastes strong and garlic is of pungent taste. Consisting of antibacterial, anti-oxidant, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that calm a sinus irritation, Ginger and Garlic are widely used in Indian cuisine.
• Drink ginger tea twice daily or grate ginger and add a teaspoon of honey into it. Mix well and eat or consume it with warm water.
• Create a concoction with crushed garlic, grated ginger, a teaspoon of honey, and a pinch of turmeric. Drink twice daily. You can also add a pinch of black pepper.
Turmeric makes one of the best natural remedies for sinusitis, crediting its medicinal properties. Used widely in Indian households, turmeric is being used since the ancient times to heal wounds.
• Take a pinch of turmeric powder, some fresh ginger juice, and a teaspoon of honey. Mix and add hot water. Drink this hot concoction twice daily.
When it comes to home remedies for sinusitis, Fenugreek proves to be one of the best herbs to treat a sore throat, high fever, cleanse mucous membranes, reduce inflammation, and relieve throat irritation.
• Mix 1-2 teaspoons of crushed fenugreek seeds in a glass of water. Boil for a few minutes.
• Strain and consume the same several times a day. But do not consume during pregnancy.
Another amazing herb, Thyme or Ajwain flower is used in many cuisines and is great for your health. The herb relieves a cough and irritation caused by allergens. It is also good for the digestive system.
• Use thyme oil for nasal inhalation through steam or add a few tablespoons of the Thyme in boiling water to prepare it for the steam.
• Drink thyme tea twice daily. You can also add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
The home remedies for sinusitis promises to guarantee a cure from the sinus and gives relief from the irritation and unpleasant conditions. Try to consume it in a proper measure and get rid of sinusitis easily and effectively.