Unstable blood pressure rate is unhealthy for the body. If the high BP causes a lot of issues then low BP is not behind in creating trouble for the health. Read the blog and know how to cure the problem with natural remedies for hypotension.
When you feel like your body is off-balance or dizzy, there might be a chance that a low blood pressure situation is underway. Hypotension or low blood pressure means a sudden drop in the blood flow to the organs that result in lightheadedness, fatigue, lack of concentration, fainting, dizziness, or nausea. The modern day lifestyle is responsible for a lot of health conditions and much like high BP, hypotension is also a result of the same.
Blood pressure is the rate of the blood flow reaching to the arteries and other organs. When the pressure drops, the blood flow reduces to the heart and brain, causing a damage to the organs that eventually lead to death.
Caused due to dehydration, bleeding, alcohol consumption, heart diseases, organ inflammation, narcotics, deficiency of Vitamin and folate, adrenal insufficiency, etc., low blood pressure can easily become stable with the natural and Ayurvedic remedies for Low blood pressure.
Coffee is one of the best home remedies for low blood pressure. The impact of the remedies is short-lived, but it gives a dramatic increase to the blood pressure. Caffeine in it increases the adrenaline that increases the BP.
• Add 1-2 teaspoons of coffee powder in a cup of water and bring it to boil.
• Simmer and add some sugar. Remove from heat. Let it cool for a bit and consume twice daily.
2. Green Tea
The flavonoid component and caffeine present in the tea stabilizes the blood pressure. Green tea also controls the cholesterol but it is advised to consume it in a moderate amount only.
• Take one teaspoon or dip sachet of green tea and add to a cup of hot water.
• Let it steep for 5-10 minutes. Remove or strain. Add some honey and drink it twice daily.
One of the amazing Ayurvedic herbs for Low blood pressure, Licorice is commonly found in every Indian household and used in various cuisines. This sweet-in-taste herb contains glycyrrhizin acid that results in increased blood pressure. People with the problem of hypertension should not consume it.
• In a cup of water, add 1 teaspoon of licorice tea or inch of licorice root. Boil the mixture for 5 minutes and strain.
• Cool it down, add some honey, and consume it. Drink this tea 2-3 times a day.
4. Holy basil
Tulsi or Holy basil is widely known for its medicinal properties, especially in case of a cough, cold, common flu, etc. The benefits of Holy basil are enormous and consist of potassium, magnesium, vitamin C and an antioxidant called Eugenol that helps in regulating the low blood pressure and cholesterol level.
• Take a handful of Basil leaves and crush them. Extract the juice and mix with honey.
• Consume the mix once daily in the morning. You can also drink Tulsi tea or concoction.
Another one of the effective natural remedies for hypotension, drinking Salt Water or consuming an adequate amount of salt is really effective in regulating the blood pressure. With the guidance of Ayurveda expert or doctor, you can also try Epsom Salt Bath.
• In a glass of water, mix ½ teaspoon of salt, and drink the mixture. Try this remedy only in the case of a sudden drop in your BP.
6. Almond milk and Munakka (Raisins)
Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, almonds are really good for your health. They also help in increasing concentration, improve focus and memory, and bring a wonderful glow to the face. Consuming almond milk and drinking it every day reduces cholesterol and keeps the blood pressure stable. Whereas Munakka increases vitality, stables BP, and promotes circulation.
• Soak 5-6 almonds overnight in a bowl and the next morning, peel them.
• Make a paste and boil in a glass of milk. Let it cool for a while and drink.
• Add munakka to this milk. Or, you can soak some overnight and eat the next morning without seeds.
• Add almonds and munakka to your smoothies, cereals, desserts, etc.
7. BeetRoot Juice
Beetroot juice has an immediate impact on the blood pressure and is highly recommended by the doctors. Good for your overall health and skin, beetroot can also be consumed in a salad or as condiments.
• Peel and chop the beetroot. Put in the juicer, add some water, grind and drink.
• You can strain it as well and can also add salt and black pepper.
These natural remedies for hypotension are great for the overall health and stabilize the low blood pressure. Adopt a healthy living through Ayurveda and live an ailment-free life.