Eat Ayurvedic way to feel amazing, and add the goodness of Ayurveda in your eating habits and life. Explore the blog and know seven best Ayurvedic recipes for cooking at home.
Transform your life into a healthy version, and start adapting the change through your eating habits. The ancient system of healing Ayurveda believes in the concept of healthy eating and balanced dosha can treat a number of ailments. Start living an Ayurveda life, which is all about balance, and take the first step with Ayurvedic cooking.
Ayurveda cooking recipes are as simple as cooking regular food, and you need to pick the six tastes and Dosha specific ingredients to get started. Learn about pantry staples, know your dosha, and few recipes help you with breezy Ayurvedic cooking at home.
So here are seven best Ayurvedic recipes to try at home:
1. Turmeric Pickle
Ingredients: 1 cup fresh turmeric roots, 3 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon each of black mustard seeds and pickle spices, and a pinch of salt and asafoetida.
• Peel, wash and dry the roots. Now finely chop them.
• Take a pot, add oil and heat it. Now add mustard seed and asafoetida, stir until it makes a pop sound.
• Cool and pour over the turmeric, add pickle spices, salt, and mix well, and store in the refrigerator.
2. Ginger Tea
Ingredients: 4-5 slices of peeled fresh ginger, and water.
• In a pot add water and ginger and boil for a minute, and then cook on put on simmer for 5 minutes.
• Cool down a little bit, add honey, and drink.
3. Almond and Cardamom Milk
Ingredients: 2 cups milk, 4 pitted dates, 1 tablespoon each of ghee and honey, ½ teaspoon each of cardamom, saffron, and a handful of soaked almonds.
• In a pan boil milk, and by the time grind almond in a mortar pestle. Once boiled add the almond paste, cardamom, and saffron.
• Cook it on simmer till the quantity reduces to 1 ½ cups. Then add ghee and honey.
4. Home-made Cottage Cheese
Ingredients: 1-liter milk, 2 tablespoon apple cider or fresh lemon juice, and salt acc to taste.
• Take a pot and bring milk to boil, and then add salt, lemon or apple cider, and stir.
• Now remove the pot from heat, stir again, and place muslin cloth over a bowl.
• Now pour the milk mixture over it, and while straining the paneer or cottage cheese remain in the cloth.
• Now with a spoon squeeze the remaining whey, once done, keep it aside for the whey to drain fully. Once done you can use for cooking.
5. Mint Rice
Ingredients: 1 cup rice, ½ cup each of grated coconut, fresh mint leaves and cilantro, 1 tablespoon ghee, and spices- 1 chopped green chili, 2 chopped garlic cloves, 1 small julienne cut onion, 1 cinnamon stick, 5 black peppercorns, and ½ teaspoon cumin.
• In a small bowl add coconut, warm water, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Strain and squeeze water from the coconut.
• Now clean and soak rice for 10 minutes, and then in a mortar pestle or grinder, grind mint, garlic, chili, coconut, and cilantro to make a thick paste.
• Now take a saucepan, melt ghee and then add cumin, garlic, black pepper, and cinnamon. After few seconds add onion, and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Now add paste, and cook for 2 minutes.
• Now add rice add 2 cups warm water, bring it to boil, and then let it cook on simmer.
6. Ghee or Clarified Butter
Ingredients: ½ kg unsalted butter, white home-made butter or fresh milk cream.
• With the help of churner/ muddler make butter from the milk cream, once done transfer the butter in a heavy bottom pan.
• Make the butter melts on the medium flame, and turn down the heat once it starts boiling.
• Now cook till it starts smelling odd, and the color becomes golden and clear. Now let it cool and then strain into a jar.
7. Coconut and Rose chikkis
Ingredients: 50 grams coconut butter, 400 ml additive free coconut cream, 2 tablespoons rosewater, 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract, some berries, rose petals and roughly chopped pistachio, and a pinch of salt.
• Take a baking tray, spread baking sheet into it.
• Now melt the coconut butter in a double boiler, once done add coconut cream, rose water, salt and vanilla extract.
• Stir and then pour it over the baking tray, and then scatted berries, pistachios, and rose petals.
• Keep in freezer for 30-40 minutes, or until solid. Remove break into rough medium pieces and store in a container in the refrigerator.
These best Ayurvedic recipes are healthy and can be easily prepared. So incorporate Ayurveda in your life and experience the holistic change.